Thursday, August 6, 2015

Planned Parenthood Letter to Congress

So I was sitting in the car in Atlantic City and read some article about the defunding of Planned Parenthood and some bullshit about selling aborted fetal tissue.  It made no sense.  So lets think about what fetal tissue is used for.  Things like HIV and Alzheimers research.  See the bit about this on Larry Wilmore's Nightly Show.


Another thing is that abortion only represents about 3% of Planned Parenthood's business and none of that is funded with federal dollars.  I don't know how that figure works out.  Is it 3% of patients or is it 3% of budgeting.  What ever it is really small and that means that 97% of there work is dedicated to women's health and the reproductive rights of all of our citizens.  It also, goes to health education and std testing.  Those sound like some important things.  Actually, that idiot Bobby Jindal cut medicaid payments to the two Louisiana Planned Parenthood facilities so that do not perform abortion services.  So in one of the poorest states with some of the highest unemployment rates has cut healthcare payments to the sanest of women's health clinics.
So, what did I do?  I wrote to our congressmen in the House and Senate on my phone.  I kept it short because I was on my phone but I wrote to Senators Pat Toomey and Robert Casey and Congressman Brendan Boyle.  Here it is and I will post their response when it comes.  I recommend you do the same.  Look up your congress persons at house.gov and senate.gov.

Please don't vote to defund planned parenthood. They perform such a great service to women's health. Those alleged videos of bad actors doing bad things with fetal tissue do not represent the organization. Their the whole organization and those that benefit from their services do not deserve this punishment. Please stand for women's rights and health by letting them make their own educated decisions. Thank you.Robert Duff
 So far it has failed.  I hope it continues to fail.

And big thanks to Comedy Central for posting good clips and their code to embed videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment